Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Trees Have Arrived!

This is probably the most fun I've had in this entire project. I love trees. It took me a good few months to research on suitable trees and plants for our small and humble house. I finally settled with the zen garden concept, and carefully selected trees from nurseries nearby. My selection criteria were pretty simple; a clean minimalist look to compliment the house design, easy maintenance (relatively speaking), suitable for confined spaces, and most importantly, cost effective. Not too many, just some Thai bamboos to form a green blanket for the backyard, a 7-feet tall Frangipani, two 3-meters tall tropical trees with interesting layered effect for the front porch, and a 7-feet tall ficus bonsai next to the front door. It's still a month away from handover, but I've arranged for the trees to be planted now, as they need time to adjust to the new environment. I've been told to expect existing leaves to fall and be replaced by new-grown in the next few weeks. I rushed to take some pictures today before they become barren. Carpet grass will be put in once the trees have nicely settled into the new soil.

No comments: