Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunbirds Had Left

The chicks have fledged, and the nest is now empty. It happened just a few days ago, less than 3 weeks from birth. I remembered getting up earlier than usual that morning, did my usual routine, and oblivious to what was about to unfold. Like every day before that, I would check out the nest the first thing when I woke up. Nothing particularly suspicious, and as amazed as the day before, I contemplated how the fragile and tiny nest could house three birds. Little did I know that was the last time I saw them. Yes, just like that..

However, we managed to capture one of the many feeding frenzies in the last few weeks in this video clip. Enjoy and be inspired.

2 comments:

YC said...

Look at how the two chicks take turn to be fed - one poking its head, then retreating back into the nest after being fed, to allow the other chick to appear...

Chef C said...

yes, indeed....very interesting observation...i guess it's mother nature to them? seeing them fully developed within a matter of weeks was miraculous sight, to say the least.