Sunday, May 24, 2009

Moroccan Inspirations

I was so inspired by a cooking show on TV that I dreamt about cooking Moroccan dishes last night and sprang into action early this morning. It helped that I had a box of couscous in my larder unit and most of the spices needed to make it work. I couldn't wait for dinner, and made Sunday brunch instead.
Moroccan Lamb. Combination of lemon juice and spices (coriander seeds, cumin and paprika) gives a sharp tangy flavour that goes really well with cous cous.
The marinate. 
Butter couscous.
Moroccan inspired dip, made from split beans.

2 comments:

Edith said...

H, can share the butter cous cous, looks delicious.

Chef C said...

Hi Edith,

Cous cous is the easiest staple to cook, and is a great and interesting alternative to rice or potatoes. In fact, it doesn't require cooking. Just pour a cup of hot boiling water (seasoned with some salt if you like) over a cup of cous cous, cover it and let it soak for about 5 minutes. Add a small cube of butter, and fluff the cous cous with a fork. Hassle-free.

For more interesting textures, you can add coarsely chopped almond, raisins, and can even season the cous cous mixture with a sprinkle of tumeric powder or the like. I have seen Nigella Dawson adding fresh pinky promegrade seeds to the cooked cous cous.

Let me know how you would do it, will ya?