Saturday, March 7, 2009

Laying Carpet Grass

A month had passed since the trees were planted. The laying of carpet grass on our front porch was scheduled this morning. It had been an interesting experience watching the planting process unfolds.
Carpet grass comes in rolls like these from the nursery.
Soil is compacted before sand is laid
A thin layer of beach sand is laid over the compacted soil
Rolling out of carpet grass
Front porch is fully covered in carpet grass
Lastly, another thin layer of sand is laid over the grass before watering.
We are days from moving in, yet I feel so unprepared. There seems to be a thousand details to attend to, and the issues are never ending. We just burnt our weekend coordinating TV and cable wire installation. I have a phobia for all things electrical! My mind switches off instantly, I get flustered easily whenever I encounter electrical-related issues, and I'll be more than willing to pass it on to Yan to deal with. Not a side of me that I am proud of.

No comments: