Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time to Unpack

I'm bulldozing into our new home. I figured that since it'll take me weeks just to unpack, it's better to start the process now than to wait till the T.O.P has been secured. I have been assured that T.O.P is just a formality at this stage, as the house has been constructed in full compliance with local building regulations. Inspection by the relevant authority has been scheduled for next Tuesday. Excitement is building up, I must admit. Movers were called in this morning to help with the relocation of things from the rented storage area. I've arranged for the newly purchased furniture to arrive in batches over the next few days. Lighting and fittings are almost done by now. Next will be the TVs and sound systems.
It took the electrician an entire day to fix this pendant light. There'll soon be two of them hanging from the ceiling of the master bedroom. They are the mid-century style "Supernova"-inspired lighting, inherited from our previous home.
Movers assembling the bed in our master bedroom, again inherited from our previous home.
I would have liked our main door to be slightly wider than this. The door handle as seen here is custom-made as there is no off-the-shelf handle of this height. Just a tad worried that it is a little chunky.

No comments: