Saturday, February 14, 2009

Carpentry

With me constantly on the back of those contractors and sub-contractors, the project is now chugging along well on the revised completion schedule. If there's anything that I may have learned from this project, it is that I really need to take matters into my own hands. Take the bull by the horn, so to speak! It's tiresome, no doubt, but it's better than to face an indefinite timeline and live with lingering uncertainties. They promised pre-Christmas, but look what happened! I am now entertaining a post-CNY scenario. I could only imagine what the workers at site must have been murmuring and snickering behind me, "There she goes again, the de-facto project manager running amok!". [Sigh]
Carpentry and soft furnishing represent the bulk of the remaining 5% work. As we are taking on a warm minimalist theme, there's actually not much detailed carpentry work to be done. The house will look a little barren at first, but I'm sure as time goes by, it'll get cluttered up just like every other homes I know. The carpenters had been diligently working at our site in the last few days, and I am slowly seeing the parts coming together.
The TV in the kitchen is finally up.
They have miscalculated the complexity of cutting a hole in the middle of the bathroom mirror. This took them the entire day to finish, all 5 men!
Architect/interior designer explaining carpentry details to the carpenter, with the main contractor looking on.
These pictures are just teasers. Let's wait for the big reveal day, shall we?

No comments: